This was incredibly easy to make. The original recipe calls for rice. Not being a fan of rice (at all), I substituted quinoa.
Easy Chicken and Quinoa Soup
- ½ onion, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2-3 medium-sized carrots, peeled then thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 64oz (8 cups) gluten-free chicken broth
- 1-2 cups cooked quinoa
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Pre-cook the chicken breasts in the oven until cooked.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and carrots, season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
- Cover the pot with a lid then saute until vegetables are very tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic then saute without the lid on for 30 seconds.
- Turn heat up to high then add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked quinoa then stir to combine.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add it to the broth and stir to combine.
- Turn heat down to medium then simmer uncovered
- Remove the pot from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.