I wasn’t sure how this was going to turn out. It was my own little concoction. Well it turned out pretty darn good!
Spicy Quinoa Bowls
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 can of bean sprouts
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (sriracha)
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions for garnish
- Fresh ground pepper
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Cook the quinoa according to the package.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and saute for 30 to60 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the cooked quinoa and bean sprouts and cook until hot, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tamari and hot sauce. Add the kale and sautee.
- In a separate skillet, cook the eggs.
- Assemble the bowls, place the quinoa mixture, then egg, then green onion with pepper.