I’m so proud of how this turned out. I have tried other chicken francaise recipes in the past, but this one really tasted like restaurant quality.
Chicken Francaise Recipe
- Chicken breasts (thin sliced)
- 1 1/2 Cups of chicken broth
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup of Diced Parsley
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Flour (I used GF)
- 2 Tablespoons of Salted butter (I used DF)
- 1/4 Cup of olive oil
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Slice the chicken breasts in half if they are thick.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and heat.
- In a bowl add flour.
- In another bowl whisk together the 4 eggs with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Dredge the chicken into the flour and then coat with the eggs.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. (You will have to cook in batches.)
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a dish.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juices, parsley, and butter to the pan. Sprinkle some flour to help slightly thicken the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a slight boil and add the chicken back to the pan and top with lemon slices.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.