This meatloaf was so juicy. The original recipe calls for beef but I substituted it with turkey (a mixture of light and dark meat).
The flax meal binds it together and you cannot taste it once it is cooked in. I omitted the onions due to my husband not being a fan. Feel free to add pureed or shredded vegetables into the meatloaf.
- 2 lb Ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Golden flaxseed meal
- 1/2 large Onion (diced)
- 8 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 oz Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan (9x5in) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the ketchup.
- Mix together until well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the ketchup on top of the meatloaf.
- Return to the oven and bake for 20-35 more minutes, until cooked through.
- Rest for 10 minutes before slicing.