This was pretty good. I had no complaints. It was easy to make in the crockpot. My husband enjoyed it and that’s really all that matters to me.
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
3 hr 10 min
3 hr 10 min
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup low sodium GF soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup GF hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced thin, divided (white parts for cooking, green for serving)
- 1 tablespoon cornstrach
- sesame seeds for garnish
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, hoisin, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and the white parts only of the scallions.
- Pour the sauce mixture on top of the chicken and cook for 2-3 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and place on a plate or cutting board. Allow the chicken to rest for a couple of minutes and then shred with two forks or slice it up with a knife.
- Meanwhile take 3 tablespoons of the liquid out of the slow cooker and pour into a small bowl. Whisk in the cornstarch until smooth and clump free. Slowly add this mixture to the liquid in the slow cooker and whisk until thickened.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and toss to coat it with the sauce.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish.